Alpha name is the name of the sender that the recipient of the SMS will see.
To use the sender's name, you need to add it to the system and register it with your mobile operator, if such registration is required in your country.
How to register the sender's name?
You can create an application for registration directly in the user account.
For this, go to the Senders tab in the SMS section and click the Apply for registration button.
To register a new sender name, fill out the special form:
1. Select a country from the list. If your country is not on the list, registering an alpha name is optional. In such case you can safely indicate any chosen name in the Senders field.
2. Select what the registered name will be used for (sms or viber messages).
You cannot specify both sms and viber at the same time. If you want to use the same name for both sms and messenger newsletters, you have to fill out the application twice.
3. Indicate whether you will use the service as a legal entity or as an individual.
If you indicated that you are acting as an individual, fill in the following fields:
- - your full name (last name, first name, patronymic);
- - your tax identification number (TIN);
- - your website address;
- - brief description of the services you provide or the category of products you sell;
- - purpose of your messaging (for example, informing about new products)
- comment (an optional field where you can add sample newsletter texts).
If you indicate that the alpha name is for a legal entity, fill out the questionnaire for companies:
Very important! There are two items under the application form, without agreeing with which you will not be able to send your application. "To agree" in this case means ticking the box.
After filling in the information, click the Submit for registration button.
Your application has now been sent.
If you have any questions regarding the submitted application, the manager will immediately contact you.
Your new application will be displayed on the Senders page with the Sent status. Wait for it to change its status to Confirmed. This will mean that you can now use the alpha name for sending messages.
What if my alpha name application was declined?
If the status of your application was changed to Declined, re-send the application.
Before doing this, study the reasons for declining of your application: click on the "details" icon in the line with the number of the required application.
There may be many reasons: you may have entered an incorrect company code (a unique tax identification number for a legal entity) or specified a prohibited activity in the Service Description field or in the Purpose of messaging.
Please consider the reason for declining when filling out a new application. In fact, such cases are quite rare, so you will definitely be able to register a new alpha name if you take into account the mistakes made during the previous attempt. If the reason for the declining is not clear to you, contact your manager. Our specialists will certainly help you figure everything out!
Article is closed for comments.