To add new data to the contact book, click Add contacts.
A pop-up window for importing data will open. You can add new contacts in three simple ways:
- by importing a file;
- by copying data from the clipboard;
- by adding new contacts manually (using the Quick add function or via the Add contacts function).
Which list should you add contacts to?
You can create a new list each time you add contacts, or add contacts to existing lists that were created earlier.
How to import a file with contacts
We recommend using the file import feature to add a contact list for 300 or more contacts or with a lot of additional information about each contact.
You will need a file in TXT, CSV, XLS/XLSX, or ZIP formats; the maximum file size is no more than 10 MB.
In addition to the phone number in the international format, the file may contain any customer information that you need to conveniently segment recipients and personalize the messages, for example,
- customer name,
- registration date,
- geolocation data or address: country, city, language,
- personal promo codes
After clicking Add contacts, follow a few steps on the Import tab to add new recipients:
1. Specify where to add contacts.
Select the list to be edited. This may be one of the lists already created, as they will be offered to you. If there is no suitable one among them, just create a new one. Enter a name for the list and click Create at the end of the input fieldнад предложенными списками.
2. Select a divider.
So that our system can correctly recognize the file columns and not confuse the information, select the divider to be used in the file: tab, semicolon, or comma.
3. Specify the path to the file. Simply drag the file into the upload area or click on it to open the standard upload file window.
4. Customize the margins.
This is the final step in preparing to download the file.
At this stage, you need to specify the name and type of fields found in the file.
Our system will, of course, provide you with a choice from a predefined fields (previously created custom fields + system fields). If there is no suitable field name in the menu of offers, you can either skip the field as unnecessary, or create a new custom field.
After setting the fields, click the Import button.
Your file will be uploaded to the selected list within a few minutes (the import time depends on the file size and the system load; it usually takes 1-2 minutes).
How to add contacts via the clipboard
If you want to add less than 300 contacts at a time, you can simply copy this list to the clipboard from an Excel file, Google document, or just from a chat and paste it into the Add contacts window.
To do this:
1) Click Add contacts in the Contacts section.
2) Go to the second tab of the pop-up window, Clipboard
3) Specify the list where to add contacts (or create a new one by clicking the "plus").
4) Insert up to 300 contacts with additional fields into the special text field. For the system to recognize the columns, use the standard column dividers: semicolon, comma, tab.
5) Customize the fields. This means that you need to specify the correspondence between the columns of the file and the preset fields.
If the field contains information for which there is no field in the system (for example, you have a field for personalization “Promocode” that has not been used anywhere else), create a new field.
6) Click Save.
How to create a new field in contact information
You can create fields by clicking on the Create field button in the Contacts section or by selecting “+create field” when importing contacts.
In a new window, fill in the information about the new field:
- Field name. Come up with a unique, meaningful name for the field. It can contain up to 20 letters, numbers and signs.
- Specify the type of data that will be stored in this field on your contact card. The system supports the following data types:
- text for any text data,
- date and time
- only date
- drop-down list
3. Field description. This is a place for a quick note of what the field will be used for. Use this area to leave yourself a reminder for the future. It's handy, especially if you've used abbreviations for the field name.
4. Specify whether you want the system to display the new field in the general contact list, or it is purely technical one, and at the moment you don’t need it in the list.
When you're done, click Save
Article is closed for comments.