The page that you get to right after logging into the account.
This is the main work area where you start studying our system, and, possibly, where your every working day in the system will start (unless, of course, you integrated it with your CRM system and manage all processes in it).
Conventionally, this page can be divided into several blocks with the same logic:
On the left, closer to the side menu, is the block of financial information:
- the state of your balance and credit funds, if you have any;
- link to the account replenishment page;
- link to the payment history page (as well as information about the latest balance replenishment);
- link to the financial report;
- link to campaigns’ statistics;
- link to the detailed statistics page.
The second or middle block contains actions performed on the contact book:
- link to the Contacts section;
- the number of all added contacts;
- your lists (5 newly created lists with the ability to go to each of them);
- link to the function of importing contacts into the system;
- link for exporting contacts as a spread sheet file.
The third or right block is the block of basic actions on services. From here you can quickly go to the necessary services:
- send sms (link to campaign creation page);
- send HLR (create campaign to check HLR)
- send Viber (go to the page for creating a Viber messaging);
- add a template (create an SMS message template);
- create a short link: go to the ShortUrl shortening service
- register sender's name: fill out an application for registering an alpha name, which is mandatory in some countries;
- account settings: go to the settings section of your account;
- set up notification: go to the notification settings in your account and to your email;
- and finally, the contacts of your manager, who you can contact regarding any question about the use of the platform!
Below, under these three blocks, there is information that is of interest primarily to developers.
- API block for developers allows you to quickly go to the section with libraries of detailed API documentation for integration with your system (in different programming languages);
- Ready-made integrations: the link to a page with a list of ready-made solutions for sending messagings from your CRM or CMS system using our system.
- API/SMPP keys: a page with a generator of API and SMPP passwords required to connect and transfer integration data.
Top navigation — end-to-end navigation for all account pages.
This is where you navigate to the following sections:
Products — drop-down list of links to navigate the product sections:
Prices — go to the section of prices and tariffs;
Finance — go to the pages of balance replenishment, payment history and balance history;
Help — includes the link to the blog with useful articles about newsletters; contacts of your manager and contacts of the 24/7 support service.
In the right corner of the top menu are:
- the current state of your balance,
- a “bell” showing how many internal notifications you have received; if you want to read them, click on it;
- your account ID in our system and email, which is used to login to your account,
- "gear" or the settings icon; when you click on it, you see a drop-down list: go to the account settings; remote access: go to the page with API/SMPP passwords for remote access to the platform functions;
- exit the cabinet to the login page.
The end-to-end menu displayed on all pages of the account.
It contains the following items:
Create — shows a drop-down list of pages for creating an SMS campaign, VIber messaging, a campaign to check HLR numbers, and the link to the shortening service page.
Contacts — link to your contact book.
Reports — link to the report page for SMS, Viber, HLR in different sections (financial report, campaign report, detailed report)
Calendar — link to your communications planner as soon as we finish developing this section.
Integrations and APIs — link to the section for developers.
Favourites is not even an item, it is a switch! By clicking it, you enable the ability to create your own menu category, where you can collect direct links to frequently used sections and pages of the account. It is very convenient to have everything you need in quick access at hand and not get confused in the account navigation.
Read more about how to work with Favourites here