How to register a sender name for Viber
To start sending messagings using Viber, you should register a sender on whose behalf messages will be sent. For some countries, the registration of the sender's name is mandatory (for example, in the Russian Federation, Australia, Moldova, Aland Islands).
To register a new sender's name (“alpha name”), go to the Senders tab in the Viber section and click on the Apply for registration button:
In a new pop-up window, fill in the application.
1. Select a country from the list. If your country is not on the list (for example, Ukraine), it means that the registration of an alpha name in it is not mandatory, and you can indicate any name you want in the sender field.
2. Choose what the registered name will be used for (for sms or Viber messaging).
You cannot specify both sms and Viber at the same time. If you want to use the same name for both sms and the messenger, you will have to fill out two applications.
3. Indicate your legal status: specify if you will be using the service as a legal entity or as an individual.
If you indicated you are acting as an individual, you should fill in the following fields:
- your full name (last name, first name and patronymic);
- your tax identification number (TIN) or other tax code assigned to you by the tax office of your country;
- your website address (if you don’t have a website but have a store on Facebook or any marketplace instead, you can specify the address of such store);
- brief description of the services you provide or the category of products you sell;
- purpose for sending messages via Viber (for example, informing about new products);
If you are acting as a legal entity, after specifying the preferred sender’s name, select Legal entity and fill out the questionnaire for companies:
Important! There are two points under the application form; you should agree with them or you won’t be able to send an application.
In this case, to agree means ticking the box.
After filling in the information, click the Apply for registration button.
Your application has been sent. Its status will be displayed in the Application statuses list on the Senders tab.
As soon as your application is accepted and approved, its status will change to Approved, and your alpha name will appear in the list of senders.
What if my alpha name application was rejected?
If the status of your application was changed to Rejected, you need to resend the application.
Before doing this, study the reasons for rejection of the previous application. Click on the "Details" icon in the line with the number of the required application.
There may be various reasons: you may have entered an incorrect company code (a unique tax identification number for a legal entity) or specified a prohibited activity in the Service Description line or in the Purpose of messages.
Please consider the reason for rejection when filling out a new application. In fact, rejections are quite rare, so you should definitely be able to register a new alpha name if you take into account mistakes of the previous attempt. If the wording of the reason for the rejection is not clear to you, contact your manager. The specialist will certainly help you figure it all out!
Article is closed for comments.