What is a stop list?
A stop list is a list of contacts that you, for some reason, need to exclude from your campaigns.
All contacts put in the stop list will be excluded from your campaigns if the option “Consider stop list” is enabled when you are creating an SMS or Viber campaign.
You can put there the contacts of recipients who unsubscribed from your campaign and numbers that are no longer valid (former customers, partners and even former employees). In other words, all those people who definitely shouldn’t receive messages from you and on whom you don’t want to spend money, because it will be ineffective.
We offer the ability to keep two separate stop lists: for sms and viber messages. But you can add a contact to both sheets at the same time.
Contacts added to the stop list can always be excluded from it (and returned to the messaging lists, if necessary).
How to add contacts to the stop list?
- Go to the Stop List page in the Contacts section.
- Click the Quick add button
- Fill in a new line in the list: enter the phone number in the Phone column, check the SMS and Viber status (check the box next to SMS Stop List or Viber Stop List, or choose both).
- In the Actions field, click the green checkmark to save the contact.
How to add several contacts?
For two or more contacts, use the import option or add them from the clipboard.
To do this, click the Add to Stop List button on the Stop Lists page.
In a new window, choose one of the ways to add several contacts: by importing the file or by using a clipboard.
To upload contacts from the file:
1. Choose which of the stop lists the numbers should be added to, the one for sms or for Viber. Click on the selected option.
2. Specify which divider is used in your file to separate fields: tab, semicolon, or comma. This is necessary for the system to correctly decode the data.
3. Drag the file to the download area.
Important! The system supports import of files in TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX, ZIP formats up to 10 MB. Files in other formats must first be converted to the supported format.
1. Confirm the download of contacts by clicking Import.
To add a contact via the clipboard:
1. Click Add to Stop List.
2. In a new window, go to the second tab, Clipboard.
3. Select the stop list where you want to upload new contacts: stop list for SMS or for Viber
4. Copy each contact from your file (mail, other source) and put them into a special field without dividing characters, a new line for each contact.
5. Click Import to confirm adding numbers.
Article is closed for comments.