You can store a lot of additional information about a contact that “does not suit” the standard fields.
Standard contact fields that we have created in the system include:
- phone number
- lists where the contact is located
- date the contact was created in the system
- ID in the system
- HLR check status
- HLR check date
For any other information you want to store, you will have to create additional (custom) fields.
Don't be afraid, it's not difficult! By adding your own fields and filling them in, you will be able to fully segment the client base and use personalization in sms messages.
There are two ways to create an additional field, directly on the contact page (in advance) or by importing a file.
How to create an additional field in the Contacts section
1. Go to the Contacts section in the side menu and click Create field.
2. In a new window, fill in the required information to create the field:
Enter a name of the field. We recommend using clear understandable names. The name may contain up to 20 letters, numbers and symbols.
Select the type of data that will be contained in this field:
- Text, for example, for product category names
- Number, for example, for order numbers, promo codes, additional phone numbers.
- Date and time
- Drop-down list for the data that may have limited value (for example, yes/no). If you use this data type, you need to additionally specify the possible values. Each value must have a separate line.
- - Add a short description of the field so that you can quickly remeber in case you forget what it means.
Choose whether to display the new field in the contact spreadsheet. If you leave the switch inactive, the field will not be displayed in the contact list, but its value will be available in the detailed information about the contact, and the field can be used to filter this contact using the advanced filter.
3. When you are done setting the field, click the Save button.
The new field can now be used. The system will offer it ti you when creating a new contact, it will appear for previously added contacts (it can be filled in manually by selecting contacts from the list or updating contacts via the import file), and it can also be used when importing a new list.